Bulletin: Veterans Administration Loses (AGAIN) 80,000 Documents Affecting 9,300 Veterans
BULLETIN April 2016
If you are a Veteran or Veteran Service Officer/Representative and submitted documents to the Veterans Administration supporting a claim between August 1,
What should you do now?
- Check your records to see if you submitted documents to the VA supporting a claim between August 1,
2015and December 21, 2015.
- Look for a letter in early May of 2016 from the Veterans Administration concerning this problem with instructions telling you what to do.
A few critical items to note:
- If your claim is still pending you have 30 days to respond to the letter from the VA.
- If your claim is closed you have one year to resubmit the documents. The VA will take no action ie: they will not notify you.
- Be sure to attach the first page of the VA letter when you receive it or write “Reply to VA letter Dated XX/XXXX” on your response.
What else can you do?
If you are affected by this VA error, contact your Congressman and let him or her know that the Veteran’s Administration failed you.
Contact us if you are a Veterans Law Group client or have a VA disability claim on appeal.
Contact the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, Robert Mac Donald at email@example.com and let him know the Veterans Administration failed you again.
Are You Eligible for a Free Case Review?
If you are a veteran, or a family member of a veteran, whose work has been affected by their disability and who would like to appeal a VA benefits decision, we would like to speak with you.
Toll-Free Phone: (888)-811-0523